Monday, February 5, 2018

Music Video project



For this project we had to recreate or copy a music video. My group chose "Try" by Colbie Caillat. We chose this song because it has a positive and strong message about being yourself. This process was fairly simple. The film scape was a plain white backdrop, and costumes were plain white t-shirts. When trying to find other videos for inspiration it was actually a little difficult because of the simple and clean backdrop. The hardest part of this project was probably finding reliable people to film because some couldn't or didn't show up. I think for the next project that our team has to communicate with the cast more. Along the way I learned new things about our cameras and how to use them better. I also learned how to "pep talk" people to be comfortable in front of a camera. There were a couple of times where we had to help people practice what to say and how to use their faces to show emotion. The editing was fun to do as a group because we all had ideas that blended well together. I think as a team we worked well together throughout the whole process and were very open to each others ideas. Overall I thought this project turned out extremly well and I am very proud of both my team and our project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2020 Reel

My 2020 film reel is about fun and friendships. It includes some b roll that I have taken on vacations, the short films I have worked on, a...