Thursday, May 16, 2019

Junior Year reflection

My favorite projects that I did this year were creating a film reel and creating my own website. These where my favorite projects because they were all mine. I got to have my own creative vision and it was all what I wanted. I got to pick the music and the background and the shots I wanted to use. I worded on these two all year to keep it updated as I created more and had new projects to show. As far as challenges go I don't feel like I faced very many because I worked on these on my own. I did ,however, struggle with some footage getting lost for my film reel. But I also enjoyed taking a camera with me on a weekend trip and getting footage of just random things that I thought looked cool. I learned a lot about how different programs work throughout this year.

I feel that I used my time well to work on these, when I got the chance. Any time that was available after completing a project, I was working on my film reel. I definitely learned how to prioritize throughout this year. However, I can still improve on my actual camera skills.

For our feature film, Just My Imagination, I worked as an editor. I feel that I was not much a part of this project as I could have been. I lead a very busy lifestyle outside of school so it was difficult for me to be able to work on a lot. Some of the editing I did however, was liked and got added in. Some of the scenes I did got thrown out completely, but it was getting so tight on time, so it was a rushed decision.

The thing that I loved the most about this year in Entertainment was the people I got to meet and work with. It will not be the same without my senior classmates next year, but I will grow and hopefully meet new people next year. Something that I want to change for my senior year is to work on managing my time better and having more time to perfect a project. Overall I think I learned a lot about the programs that we, as Entertainment students, work in. I also learned that I like to screen-write and direct. I am a very shy person, but somehow I like being able to create videos from my own visions and ideas. I just need time to think in depth about my ideas instead of making them rushed. I pay very close attention to detail and I want everything to look just right, so it takes me a little longer than I have been given to work on my projects. If I do not like something, I will start from scratch. I have a bit of a different process than most, I feel, than others in the way that I would rather have a project turned in late and receive a bad grade, but it looks good, compared to turning it in on time and it looking sloppy. I also am quite busy outside of schools so it does make it quite difficult for me to work on filming after school or on the weekends.

I feel that having this class 1st & 2nd hour was beneficial for me because it was a good way for me to start my day. I was able to creatively think first thing rather than having to force myself to do college algebra equations first thing in the morning. It was also a great way to start my school day in an environment that was a lot more calm than other classes. We had good conversations and great stories to share that for me, a lot of times, turned into great video ideas. As for the feature film next year I think I would do well using my artistic ability in storyboarding. I think that I am not the best editor as far as deadlines and editing knowledge goes. I may have learned a lot this year, but editing is still not my strong point. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

2020 Reel

My 2020 film reel is about fun and friendships. It includes some b roll that I have taken on vacations, the short films I have worked on, a...